experiments - I

With CultUth (a club we had started 3-4 yrs back), we had hoped to do some experiments and stuff that needn't really have defined outcomes. We never got around to do them, I thought I should share those ideas, maybe someone interested in doing them could get in touch with me to do them, or do them themselves and share the experience.
I share the first idea that we had thought of in this post....

1. A group of people going to an alien city for 3-4 days. all blind folded except for one who would be the guide. The rest would be blind for all practical purposes, throughout day n night. The group can't stay indoors for more than 18 hours a day. They have to roam around and experience the place, sans the vision.
What it means to be blind? How does a blind person live? How does he feel? ofcourse 3 days aren't much, but any more than that and we won't have volunteers. :P
Also, In today's time where vision is becoming the preferred sense, and other senses such as taste and smell are increasingly 'sanitized', its all the more important to re connect ourselves to the language of other senses. How do we construct meaning with other senses. how to employ them more gainfully.

Well, I am interested in more of such experiments where I could live another life, where my empathy gains a lil' more depth. Where I could explore the limits of my senses. I would dig in my club notebook to find some more ideas that we had thought of. If you happen to read this blog, might as well contribute another idea, or refine one or lets do it together. Its about time I started acting on my ideas.

Also, please share info about any such interesting experiments that have been done that you might know of. I haven't studied much research, but 'ethnography' is what they call this, i guess . :P

Comments

Sonal Jhuj said…
why don't you sell your life awya or gve it away to take up a new one....

when u start working and have possessions.. one day just give them up and start afresh.

Now that's an experiment. a guy did that on ebay no? he sold his life on ebay to start afresh.
Ajinkya said…
but am not talking of gimmicks. besides am not tired of my life yet :P still lot to assimilate in this life before dieing to be born anew.

would u volunteer for that small 3 day blind wala project? does it make sense? what u think of it?
Ajinkya said…
but am not talking of gimmicks. besides am not tired of my life yet :P still lot to assimilate in this life before dieing to be born anew.

would u volunteer for that small 3 day blind wala project? does it make sense? what u think of it?

Popular posts from this blog

The anthem of the deluded

Why I repair my shoe

new pov