paulo

i am done with Paulo Coelho. whats the point of reading something that doesn't question you, makes you think or provokes you? My thoughts and rationale is a bit similar to what paulo advocates through his writing. its creepy to find out that your thoughts are not yours alone, they are not as original as you thought them to be. that, perhaps unconsciously i might have absorbed these thought streams from the milieu. the whole thing in effect questions my own thoughts a lil more piquantly, cuz the simplicity and calmness of these philosophies that he tries to provoke makes them look a little less credible and almost moonie'ish.
that is perhaps one reason why i never read more than 2 books by one author. (well i read 3 of Salman Rushdie's but then again his books weren't just fantastic education, but brilliant entertainment to me as well. :D ) a book educates me, questions me and holds me in its grip for some while, when everything around me, i gaze through the book's eye. at times i have noticed my accent change a little due to this. but once you get out of it, the swirling thoughts finding their place in my head, your objectivity slicing and dicing them thoughts, the new thoughts now digested, eating the same fruit again is just not fun enough, especially when there are so many other unexplored orchards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The anthem of the deluded

Why I repair my shoe

new pov