Skip to main content
Prisoner of My Mind


I am a prisoner of my mind, It has a mind of its own.
Its hard to defy him,The wedlock is ON.
I used to once own him, Now he owns me.
I had to bow down, in his slavery.
I had sown his seeds, Believed in his creed,
Material happiness did he pried, He couldn't be my breed.
I had considered him an friend, a part of myself.
But he betrayed me, He turned out to be a big elf.
He has mighty big friends, in the material world,
Many masks has had to be, slash and burned.
His hedonism has caused me, much harm,
I had been in the eye of whirlpool, for so long.
I might be captive with him, Forever.
But my hope will be lost, Never.
I am going to fight, out of this sphere,
I have grown out of the cocoon, and end of his tyranny is near.
I have to fight this battle all by myself, not against world, not against you, it just myself.

-Pawar Ajinkya M.
S.E.Mech

Dilemma

I am a puzzle, Please try to solve me.
Nothingness inside of me, in search of my identity.
I used to be the guy, the one in the cocoon,
oblivious to the damned, oblivious to the doom.
The masks on my face,The scars on my heart.
The hole in the soul, targets of the dart.
The light of hope, tries to pull the rope,
Rockin' fella good old, tries to steady the boat.
The waves of truth, tries to wash away the hope,
But the anchors of faith, Keeps me afloat.
Then a light appears, soothing my tears,
she treads me through, across all my fears.
The sun is bright, and the wind is gone,
And she by my side, I am so strong,
that, I can now turn, the clocks of fate,
the tryst with destiny, my mate.
On the wake of mistake, I was slow to react,
Now, There may be a gray, But there's no black.

-Pawar Ajinkya M.
S.E.Mech


Youth

Time flies by and we walk on,
Before you know your youth is gone.
These years are so precious,They hold fond memories,
Mistakes, mischiefs and all the possibilities.
Adrenaline is at, all time high,
Putting our life on line, gives us high.
Adrenaline is pumping, Heart is jumping,
Eyes not blinking, Engines thumping,
Temperature is soaring, Dudes are roaring.
Hands on the throttle, all geared up for the brutal
chase for quench, iu the test of mettle.
The heartbreaks, the existential quest,
the mends, the dreams of our nest.
The strong sense of belonging,The crave of identity,
The fights of emotions, the need of credibility.
The fear of not being youthful forever,
makes me grab every moment and not let go of it ever.
These tears, these commotions, are precious to me,
The journey, the experiences, hold the key.
I fear of reaching the destination, and end of time,
that will rob me of the journey, my life's prime.
'These' sums up our dilemma, makes us cry
Hope for us to be '18 till Us Die.'

-Pawar Ajinkya M.
S.E.Mech

Comments

Amrita said…
Dilemma, amazing poem! I am your biggest fan :)

Popular posts from this blog

Why I repair my shoe

I have 3 shoes. One formal, One sport shoe and another a mix of the two. The last one is particularly awesome, cause of its uniqueness. It looks like a formal shoe, but is as comfortable and flexible as a sport shoe. I bought it for my first job in Mumbai. I was newly rich and was expected to behave like one. I found this gem of pure black leather in a Colaba Causeway showroom. Quite a find. But its been almost two years now and the shoe shows its age. For all its awesomeness, its quite a weak shoe, to give out so early. I have stitched it, got new laces, and strengthened its sole. It doesn't look shiny anymore cause the leather has suffered from a few hostile trespasses. I think, like a man, things too should be allowed to carry their scars. Shiny scar-less men are just so... irrelevant. 

Since childhood, I have been used to using things for long times. Clothes, equipments, shoes etc. I can't just throw things away cause they don't look as good anymore or they don't w…

Reading India through 'Dictator's handbook'

What's the difference between a democracy and a dictatorship?
The book says, not much. India, agrees. Current political dispensation especially agrees vigorously.

"Soma" of hindutva and past glory + divided impoverished amnesiac masses + legitimised attack on individual rights + tremendous wealth shared among few = brave new world of oligarchical India.


Essentially, democracies/ dictatorships etc., are simply variants of the same power dynamic between the ruler, essentials, influentials and inter-changeables.

Interchangeables are the nominal selectorate - the individual voters who have nominal (or cosmetic) power to choose leader - most of us.
Influentials  are the real selectorate - the guys who really choose the leader. In US recently, the electoral college famously went against the popular vote and elected a clown as their president instead. In India, theoretically, the system is a bit better in terms of a wider base of influentials - it could be religious gurus, party…

How many shots of the girl dancing or laughing aimlessly does it take to establish her as a Manic pixie dream girl?

Learning from bad writing: Meri Pyaru bindu These days I am writing my first story that I intend to complete and publish. So as you can imagine, I am in the writer mode most of the time - anxiously looking for writer's intent, choices, character arcs, alternate story lines etc, while watching any movie or reading any novel. With a well written story, these choices are not that apparent. You have to look hard and yet you might miss out on essential choices that the writer made, to make the film/ novel a great piece of art. It feels as if the story flowed out from the author's mind onto paper with zero loss in translation. For that reason, it is difficult to learn much from good writing. It inspires, yes of course. It helps you get in the mood or get into the right frame of mind. But it can't teach as well as a badly written movie/ novel can.
A badly written story makes you aware of your own fallibility. It grounds you. Most importantly, it helps you see the many ways in wh…